HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A good problem to have...what would YOU do?
Old 09-20-2012, 07:19 PM
HighUpHunter
Spike

Thanks guys. Lots of great information. I actually use Google Earth all the time, as well as Bing Maps. Combined with topo maps, I've been able to successfully plan and execute public land hunts. Trying to apply this same knowledge to this new area as well, and it's always nice to get perspective from others. I love the Google Maps app on my Android as well.

We've had a couple of different leases over the years, but both were considerably smaller than this. That being said, both had similar characteristics to this property. This property really came as a blessing. The farm I grew up hunting, which my dad had been hunting for 25 years, was leased this year. Went and pulled my stands and went to work figuring this property out. I have tons of hang ons and ladder stands, and a few blinds, but the climber will be getting the most use this year as we go to work exploring and having fun. Once I start to figure out an area, I'll put a stand up. Now it will just depend on the wind and my schedule.

-Zach