HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is shooting cats wrong?
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 09:12 AM
macman99
Spike

Maybe if there are a few antis reading these types of forums they'll keep their friggin pets in their house or yard where they belong.
Problem I see is a situation where a pet is restrained and manages to get loose. They do that sometimes. You shoot it because you think I'm an "anti" or whatever other idiotic reason:

1) It's killing "my" quail.... No - wildlife on ones' property still belongs to the state and the people in it; that's why you buy a hunting license to begin with.

2) I haven't evolved beyond the 4th-grade phase of pulling wings off flies and throwing rocks at dogs for fun... That's the obvious agenda for a few folks on here, judging by the utter lack of punctuation and common sense...

3) You just don't like cats, dogs, whatever... I think if we all went around shooting things because we didn't like them we'd all be in a lot of trouble...

So not only will you and I, as the owner of the pet-in-question, have problems afterwards, but - as was previously mentioned - you just made every hunter and gun-owner look like a moron due to your own lack of maturity and restraint. You just gave the people you hate - the "anti"-hunters - even more ammunition.

I'm not an "anti." I'm a hunter who cares about the future of our sport. I'm also a pet owner. Mine don't roam free, but shi% happens and they DO get loose from time to time, someone inadvertantly lets them out, etc. And when that happens, it's a simple thing for a neighbor to call and say "hey, your dog is over here...he wandered into my yard," after which I retireve the dog, apologize profusely, and we part ways with me knowing that I live next to a stand-up guy, not a total tool who shoots things just because they're standing on his grass or threatening what he falsely believes to be "his" wildlife.

For the sake of the future of hunting, if any of you really believe this kind of behavior is OK, don't post about it on a public message board.