HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First Video we have done like this!
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 05:45 PM
furgitter
Nontypical Buck

I considder myself as a person who hunts quite a bit. I also know alot of hunters from the area here. I dont know of anyone who has seen a deer wearing an arrow through the head like that. Its obvious that it has happened, but one deer with an arrow from 99 differant angles doesnt make 99 seperate incidents. Peta and the HSUS will actually make it look that way so it seems like it happens more than it does. In reality, Peta and HSUS dont want to win, and outlaw anything. They make too much money from donations to actually end it all.
As far as hunting being a right of ours, I dont see it that way, and either does the DNR. We are a tool used by the DNR to manage the animal population. Fur trappers and hunters keep populations to a manageable level, so there damage can be kept to a minimum. And reports from hunters, and trappers make us there eyes and ears in the field.
I believe that On Point has said it pretty well, that if you dont think you can make the shot, dont take it. My style of hunting is more of a harvest than a sport. I dont donate my meat to starving people becaus when I did they were younger than me, and in better shape, and they didnt want it unless I skinned and de boned it. They wanted it in a box, cut, ground and wrapped. I even offered to show them how to process it, and they turned me down. Sorry then man, looks like you are just starvin then.