HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My CVA ACCURA Is Throwing Shots..HELP
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 04:25 PM
IOWAWHITETAILS
Fork Horn

Default My CVA ACCURA Is Throwing Shots..HELP

CVA Accura
.50 cal
100 grains tripple seven pellets (2)
250 g Barnes T EZ Bullet
209 preimer
Nikon Omega BDC 250
(cleaning gun in between every shot)

Put This Gun Away At The End of the season last year shooting a 50 cent piece at 100 yds. Bought a caldwell lead sled dft this season too fine tune at 200yds and i started shooting where i left off at (100yds) First 3 shots off the sled were a inch off center (50 cent piece)...Next 4 shots 6 inches too the left...from there on i moved the windage adjustment 24 clicks too the rite at 1/4" per click...which then shot 1" right of the bullseye....From their on out i played with it back too the left and ended up back too where i was at (24 clicks to the rite of where i started) Note all shots were on a paper plate at 100 yds...butt this is unnacceptable for both me and the gun coming off a steady rest!
This Just Kinda baffles me on why it would be so off...i take care of this gun and dont bang it around! Ive noticed the barnes T EZ getting a little easier too pack....Is the gun loosening up? Switch too the tighter MZ? thanks for replys!!!