HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Meet SuperWide! Score??
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 09:27 AM
Adkhunter831
Spike

Originally Posted by Sibbyu
I don't get hung up on score. This deer is unique to me cause he is so wide. I have guessed him at 25" wide and 130-140", maybe a little higher. I've killed higher scoring deer but nothing wider than 22" so he is my #1 target buck this year based on width.
No no I was trying to say don't get hung up in the "spread" not the overall score. I'm a hunting guide and I try teaching all my clients about scoring and how to better field judge a deer before taking a shot. And alot of guys get hung up on how wide the buck is rather than tine/beam length and mass which add up more on paper than the spread width will. That's all I was getting at there. I deffinatly wasn't saying he wasn't a shooter or wasnt a awesome buck cause he deffinatly is!! I guide all types of guys/gals who look for different things when searching for a throphy. Some like wide some like high and tight racks with alot of mass and some like split tines and drops and anything else unusual. I also have clients looking for deer over a certain score. Everyone has their own view and opinion and in my profession I deal with it every day lol. It makes no difference to me. I get just as pumped up and happy when I see a 11 yr old boy kill his first buck scoring out at 120 as I do a veteran bow hunter stick a 198.

Hope you get him this year man good luck!