HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lunar questions
Thread: Lunar questions
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 09:48 AM
NorthJeff
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BrandonByrge
What is this whole overhead underfoot stuff? When does deer move more? Day after full moon. Day after half moon? I'm new too the whole lunar solunar stuff. So please. Help!
Brandon...the moon has some impact here and there, however, focus on the cold fronts and you will find success! A bad moon with cold temps = great hunting! However, with a great moon and warm temps...you might as well wait until a cold front passes.

For example, here in WI there are a lot of 50s/60s popping up in the forecast for the next week, after close to 80 today, and yesterday. you can bet a LOT of good bucks will be killed this week, and if you have the flexibility to pick and choose your sits you will not be disappointed if you let the cold fronts tell you when to be in a tree. I can't WAIT to get into 2 different trees for a NW wind both tomorrow and Tuesday night I will hunt the cold fronts from now thru gun season, and pretty much forget about the rest of the days...

I know that isn't the answer you are looking for, but wow...it will really help you a lot! Good luck...