HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help - 6 day guided bear hunt = skunk
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 06:24 AM
Dhnil
Spike

Default Another skunked bear hunt - help here too.

BarnesX,
sorry to hear about your hunt but I can relate. I just got home today from a 6 day hunt in Ontario in which we saw absolutely nothing. I thought I asked all of the right questions of this outfitter but apparently what I thought was the obvious (actual stands over the bait sites) and the actual use of trail cams when they say they're using them AND a call indicating they had 2 REALLY nice bears coming in meant that they saw them on one of the cameras and not just from a paw print. After I asked to use trail cameras (one that I brought up myself) we finally got to see the bear but it was at night. All the hits on the baits came at night. I got the exact same response regarding the use of trail cameras (they get destroyed). None of ours got wrecked while we had them up. Anyway, this was my first bear hunt and it didn't turn out like I expected. Based on the extent of scent control we used I don't think that was an issue.
If anyone out there can recommend an outfitter in Canada or maybe the states, please let me know. I want to go again after this experience but will be extremely thorough in my search. I'd prefer an Ontario hunt or hunt in which i can drive to from Wisconsin. That's why I chose Ontario this year.
Thanks for any help.
Dan