HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - paper tune question
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 08:46 AM
Fieldmouse
Dominant Buck

I tell you, this is what I found to be the best way to self tune your bow at home. I take 2 carpenter levels (because they prove to be straight edges), a vernier caliper, two clamps and a bow T square. Square up your knock point on your string using your T square. Then take your two levels and clamp them to each side of your bow using the flat section where your limbs attach. Then use the vernier caliper to ensure your arrow is equal distance to each edge of the level on either side. Adjust your rest accordingly.

I ended up doing this after several trips to different bow shops that always ended in disappointment and different attempts to get it right myself using paper turning. I knew there had to be a better and cheaper way.

Btw, one great way to sight in your bow is to stand 10' from your target on a level plane with your bullseye. Becareful of what's behind your target since at this range shooting through is a big possibility. Sight your pin dead on to the bullseye. This should work out to being approximately 22 to 25 yards out for dead on shot. I prefer only one pin and will adjust my aim accordingly.

Good luck.