HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team #13 The WIDOWMAKERS
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 11:15 AM
26drawny
Fork Horn

I like the idea. Shoot a doe first and then if you can get a buck for the upgrade. I have been going after a buck since last year. He is 5.5 or 6.5 ten pointer. I will settle for an 8 I have seen on a few outings... Even though I think he is 3.5... I have been hunting with a bow for 8 years and have gotten a few doe but I keep seeing a big buck and end up passing on a lot of smaller younger bucks because I choose to try for the big boys... So in short I have yet to take a buck... I have seen the big 10 three times since may and it just keeps me thinking about it... I seem obsessed with it... I drew back on a basket 8 last year and then let it walk because I was sure I would cross paths with that 10... My cousin seen it a few times but never within range... My son and I had it within 15 yards during spring turkey and it looked great... At that point he looked like he had ball peen hammers coming off his head... This one deer takes all my attention... I feel like Capt. Ahab chasing the white whale......... I could write a story about this thing... It is the one deer I think about everyday... Biggest Buck I have seen NOT on Tv...

*Edit: lol... This IS the year for me!!!! LOL...

Last edited by 26drawny; 09-11-2012 at 03:56 PM.