HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Less does, more rutting bucks?
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 06:50 PM
nchawkeye
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by fastetti
Man Saluki, you must have read my mine. Im on another smaller forum and posted this same question. I am mixed but the posts I got it seemed like people would rather have more does therefor more ladies for the bucks to go after. Plus, after thinking about it, you have more of a chance to have a doe in estrus too.

And that is the problem, too many folks "thinking" instead of actually trying themselves and seeing what really happens...

Ask these fellows how many does a buck can tend, it will suprise you some of the answers...It's not as many as most think...

What most don't consider in the case of raising big deer is the doe...Remember, she accounts for 50% of those genes...If she is healthy that young buck will too...

If you put 20 cows on 20 acres they won't have enough to eat...Put 5 on and they will...

Wanna keep those bucks on your property??? Foodplots, the more the merrier...Bedding areas, sanctuaries...Keep their belly full and give them a place where they think they are safe and they won't go far...