HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowshop issue...
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 07:36 AM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

Default Bowshop issue...

Hi All, I currently have an issue with a bowshop. Before I get into this let me explain how things have come about.. I bought a Bowtech Constitution from a fellow member here back in Feburary of 2009. This bow was built in 2008 and was in excellent shape and condition. He had sent a new string along as well as a few other great items. The string on this bow prolly should of been replaced a lot sooner. I saw no reason as I only use it for hunting. I will take it out and shoot it prior to our season up here other than that it is seldom used.

Now here is my issue. I drove around 1 hour to get to the bow shop to have the string finaly replaced. I called the shop and told what I had and needed the string replaced on it. I took the bow down and he had asked if I would mind leaving it for a couple of days as he had to get some bear hunters out. I told him no problem. Then I get a call last night stating the string was a used string that had a "D" loop in it. Now I had checked this string out prior to taking it down there and you can rest assured that there was no "D" loop in it period. He stated that some of the strands were broken and it was unsafe for me to use. What the heck... This is a brand new string that this dealer is shooting down. He sells Bowtechs as one of his lines of bows. Now I have to wait until he special orders one for me!! I am quite upset with this so called dealer. Has anyone else experience this sort of thing??? What would you do? I know I have to wait until I get my bow back!! But I will need that amount of time just to cool off a little bit..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 09-09-2012 at 02:21 PM.