HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - bow for $1000
Thread: bow for $1000
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 03:12 AM
MISwampDog
Fork Horn

Here is the best advice that anyone can give you. Decide what you want in a bow. That is poundage, draw length, weight, speed, brace height, axel to axel length, etc. Then look online and see what companies are offering. Some companies to look at are Mathews, Mission, Bowtech, Diamond, Darton, Struthers, Bear, PSE, Hoyt, Martin, Parker, Elite, limbsaver, Parker, Oneida, and G5/Quest/Prime (all made by G5, go to the G5 website). My list is long but I tried to think of every bow company I can think of.

After you look at what the companies offer, write down the models that you like. With that list then go to an archery shop and shoot the models that you like. Which ever one shoots the best that's the one you want.

I can't stress this point enough...do not listen to all the hype. Most people you talk to will recommend "The Big Three". That being Mathews, Bowtech, and Hoyt. I personally shoot a Darton. When I tell people what I shoot, most respond "what company" or "they make crap bows". People are biased. The bow that I shoot is great in my opinion. When it comes down to it, your opinion is what matters. Shoot everything that interests you and buy what feels the best.

Good luck in your search.