HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - deer proccessing
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 08:41 AM
DUMB BASS
Fork Horn

Gut it, skin it, quarter it, chill it, chop it. You'll need a gambrel, a couple good sharp knives, I reccomend a vacuum sealer. Once you have it skinned take out the inner loins or they might dry out on you. These are the lil fish on the inside up by the spine. BEST!!! then tha back straps off the back of the spine... just follow the lines from the neck along the spine to the ham, then go in along the ribs and get them loose. You'll have 2 longs sweet chunks that I would suggest for steaks... Cut off the front 1/4... there are no bony joints, just cut around em and they'll pop off. Most of the fron 1/4s go to burger. Take of the rear 1/4s... the front of the ham has a football shaped muscle (sirloin roast) these are good in the crock pot. The rest I burger... once you get it all taken apart you can get it into a cooler and it'll keep with some frozed ice jugs... don't let your meat get all wet with a bag of ice. You can keep it cold in there for a week or so if you don't have time to do it all at once.