HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Expandables
Thread: Expandables
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Todd1700
Nontypical Buck

Been using the Reapers for 3 years now. Love them. I have watched every animal I've shot with one fall in sight of my tree. Only deer that I failed to get a complete pass through on was a 230 pound 11 point . Shot him as he trotted passed my tree chasing a doe and hit him a little forward dead in the center of his left shoulder. The Reaper blew through that shoulder and lodged firmly in the center of the shoulder bone of the offside shoulder. He only made it 70 yards. It required a hammer, chisel and a pair of pliers to get the Reaper out of the bone it was lodged it. The blades were a little messed up but the head itself was fine.

You asked about quartering away shots. I shot a 8 point quartering hard away from me this past season. Arrow entered just behind the last rib on the left side and exited right behind the right shoulder. My arrow was buried in the dirt and I watched the buck fall 60 yards away. No blood trailing has been needed so far with these heads but they have sure been there. Looked like something out of a Friday the 13th movie.