HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 270 ideas
Thread: 270 ideas
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 12:45 PM
emtrescue6
Typical Buck

I have a couple savage rifles with the accu-trigger...a model 10 (FLCP-K) in 308 and a model 93 in 17 HMR...love them both...they are both very accurate and I especially love their triggers. They will shoot with any rifle out there dollar for dollar. But.... I also have a Browning A-Bolt in 25 WSM and I to love this rifle too...the trigger is very nice (just not quite as nice as the savage) but it is equally accurate, and it has a very nice Walnut stock on it (I much prefer a really nice wood stock).

Consider another option...Tikka. I bought my Tikka T-3 Stainless Lite (270 WSM) 2 years ago and it is by far my favorite hunting rifle. The trigger breaks like glass (as good or better than the savage), the rifle handles nicely and is more accurate than I am. It truly is a pleasure to shoot and hunt with.

All three rifles are comparably priced...all 3 have adjustable triggers...they will all out shoot the average shooter. The most important thing is to get the rifle that fits him best. My suggestion would be to take him shopping for it and find the rifle that feels the best to him...fit is the most important part of a rifle in my opinion...if it isn't comfortable to shoot, he won't enjoy shooting it.