HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Redfield Revolution
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 07:18 AM
Topgun 3006
Giant Nontypical

You are being given incorrect information. The reticle should be moved up and to the right to bore sight the rifle according to where the OP stated the reticle was on the boresighter when he began. You wouldn't go in the opposite direction and if the turrets moved the reticle as described by the OP, they are, indeed, working backwards. You always move the reticle in the direction you want the bullet to strike. If it is a normal 4 clicks to an inch at 100 yards and the bullet strike is 1" low and left, the elevation turret would be moved 4 clicks up and the windage turret would be moved 4 clicks to the right. A good example is the attached target I shot a couple weeks ago when I was working up a load for my .243 Sako that has a Leupold VX1 4-12x40mm on it. I turned the windage turret 4 clicks to the right after shooting the first fouling shot and the second shot was almost in the bull. Then I turned the elevation turret 4 clicks up and shot the 4 shot group. I'll reload some more because the accuracy is right where I want it. When I go back out with it I'll adjust the windage several more clicks to the right and the elevation turret up about 4-6 clicks to put the POI about 2 1/2 inches above the bull at 100 yards, which is where I want it for my antelope hunt in Wyoming.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 06-09-2015 at 07:28 PM.