HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Nice First Fish
Thread: Nice First Fish
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 05:25 AM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

I knew the hole was ok...I took an 8 pounder out of it in March....but it's been off. My depth finder always shows fish and I thought shiners would be the ticket..I caught one small bass all day on the shiners...She could onlyy cast half the distance as me and was starting to complain about the heat..I kept saying," Five more cast and we are done.' lol...i heard her say,"Ut oh..sorry, but I'm hung up again." Cranks are not cheap so I was going to unhook her as we were only using 10 pound test. I said, " Are you sure that"s not a fish?" Then she said," Yeah! , I think it is...

The fight...(-; By the way her picture was in yesterday's paper in the fishing gsection. I screamed," Keep the rod bent and do not reel until it 's tired." Then like a an erupting volcano..the bass leaps straight up , thrashing his head around trying to throw the lure..I was very concerned..then it disappeared and came up right beside the boat wrapped around the MinnKota...ii grabbed the net which had another Crankbait rod tangled in it from all the excitement...so I was holding the tangled rod and net and scooped up the fish..I gave her a high five and said," Wow! " You did good, and caught it all by yourself..I'm so proud of you.." Needless to say we made about 40 more cast in which she boated another good fish..then she ask me to take her home..and after 10 more cast I agreed.(-;

Newspaper Article
http://www.theledger.com/article/201...t-on-Kissimmee-

Last edited by Chuck7; 08-03-2012 at 05:45 AM.