HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Nice First Fish
Thread: Nice First Fish
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 08:19 AM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

Default Nice First Fish

I took my son's girlfriend out today to catch her first bass.I bought one and a half dozens of live shiners..They did nothing..so I cast out a rubber worm..Set the hook and let Kayla bring in a 5. 90 pound bass.

2 hours later...technically she has not caught her first bass yet..so I suggested she cast a DD Norman crank..Tennessee Shad on an open faced spincaster..She had a difficult time LOL..casting..remember..She's brand new.{ -; ..It wasn't long and she's hung up on the only floating tree branch in the entire place..

I moved to a new place with virtually no hang ups..Low and behold it appears she's hung up again....ut wait..it's moving. "Like a puppy on a leash",she said. LOL Now the rod is doubles and I know she has a good one on..Up it comes..breaking the surface..The net is out...and Big Bertha has made a loop around the trolling motor..I CAN'T LET THIS ONE GET AWAY!!! the net is now tangled in another crank rod.somehow the bass gets untangled from the motor..I lift up the bass and her smile tells the rest of the story..20 minutes later she boats a 4 1/4 ..not a bad outing for a newbee..

Kayla has a scholar ship at a local college for soccer .I watched her play..she is very good..She has a ton of energy. She's hooked on the crankbaits.

The bass was 7 1/2 pounds.

Last edited by Chuck7; 08-01-2012 at 01:29 PM.