HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunters Against .... Hunting? Petersens Article
Old 07-28-2012, 01:28 PM
vapahunter
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by shooter50
For me hunting is work....hard work. And I like my Sundays off. I hunt everyday day I have off rain or shine, so I enjoy a reason (no hunting on Sunday) to take a break. I would rather be on the couch drinking beer and watching a ball game on a Sunday. But to each his own. I originally posted on this thread my opinion coming from a man who enjoys my 2 Sundays a month I have off at home relaxing BUT I do understand that are a lot of people that can benefit from being allowed to hunt on a Sunday. Hell I have family and friends. I see both sides I guess I should have worded it a little different. I don't like the idea for various reasons, but I can see the benefit for allowing it. Honestly it's gonna just lead to more "hard work" for me
I notice you use the word "I" alot. And I do not fault you for that but it is just funny that you want to restrict all other hunters in Virginia from hunting on Sunday because of what YOU feel and want. Why do you not see that many other hunters have different situations and would like to be able to have the CHOICE to hunt on Sunday's. What of the person whose job requires him to work 6 days a week? What of the father with several young children who have activities on Saturdays and works a full or two jobs to keep them in a house and clothes and food? What of all those who benefit from the Hunter for Hungary program? Virginia is the top state for donations to that program.

What happened to freedom to choose which activity to participate in 7 days a week? You see you are deciding for the other 180,000+ hunters just because you cannot see why there is a desire to hunt on Sunday. Did you know that more than just preserves are allowed to hunt on Sundays? I think if you researched the subject you would find the truth to this subject. Specialized hunting is already allowed on Sunday so why is the general normal hunter not allowed to hunt? Can you provide a legitimate answer to that question?