HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunters Against .... Hunting? Petersens Article
Old 07-25-2012, 04:10 AM
VAhuntr
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by shooter50
I live and hunt in VA and I personally am glad there is no hunting on Sunday. I take 3-5 deer a season depending on the size. I get my meat deer early and late and horn hunt the rut (of course this is easier said than done some seasons). The deer get chased from the beginning of October thru the first of January. 6 days a week. I think that is enough. There are some areas of the state where the deer population is really good so I wouldn't care if they allowed Sunday hunting. But here in Augusta county the deer numbers just aren't good enough for it. But I do see both sides of the fence. It should be any Va hunters choice to hunt Sunday or not. And what about the man who works Monday thru Friday and then only has 1 day a week to hunt! Been there and done that. Like I said I see it both ways I just prefer no hunting on Sundays. Also with that being said I work a 12 hr rotating shift so I get 12 days off of legal hunting a month along with my vacation I take during November each year. So I do feel for people with other schedules no allowing them this much time in the mountains. Virginia makes you buy an extra tag for just about anything anymore maybe make the hunters purchase another license to hunt Sundays???

Just curious, do you believe deer actually rest on Sunday? Why can we fish on Sunday but not deer hunt? Why can people who hunt on licensed shooting preserves hunt on Sunday's in VA?

I'm asking these as serious questions.....questions I don't have the answer for. I will say the majority of people I have met that are against hunting on Sunday are the ones who have plenty of time to hunt during the week. Almost like they don't want another day of "competition" out there.