HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Walmart Arrows
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 03:30 PM
sgrif39262
Spike

Wink Walmart Arrows Just Fine

I find it amazing how people don't know how the "Market" works. So to enlighten those who don't I will explain: 1. Walmart stores buy in huge bulk commodities. They pass the savings on to customers by keeping prices low. 2. A "Pro Shop" retailer buys what he can after he sells what he bought for "Wholesale" with price increase (Varies) at retail price to cover his cost i.e. shop utilities, employee pay, electric, water and so on. Example: Pro shop buys a dozen brand X arrows from manufacturer at let's say $26 bucks. Then his increase is so much of a percentage and you come in a buy that dozen arrows for $72 bucks. Profit of $46 bucks. Of course lesser shipping and handling and overhead cost. 3. Walmart is so big that it's overhead is paid for years in advance by interest on profits made along time ago. 4. Carbon Arrows from manufacturers are made by rolling fiber sheets of carbon thread to a specific thickness in about 6 foot lengths. Many variables happen. Temp control expands/contracts these rolls of carbon. When cut they are different straightness variables here. The average archer today will not know the difference between .0001 plus or minus to .0006 plus or minus per inch at 20 to 40 yards shooting. 5. Please stop shooting your arrows to get a "Nice Grouping" to impress your buddies. This just increases the chance of damage to your arrows and then next shot.....Boom/Explodes! Damn, forgot to check arrow for cracks! UGH! On the bright side, you get to go to the Hospital and maybe have a hot nurse take care of you! 6. I bought those bright orange dots they have in the firearms section at most sporting goods stores and place like six (6) of them on my shooting bag and shoot one arrow into each orange dot. No wearing out one spot on the bag and increases my chances of not ruining any arrows. Now 3D shooting is a little different cause everybody wants to go for the "kill Zone" and hitting other arrows is just part of the game. This is where the Walmart arrow can come into play. Great price for little $$$ and who cares if someone "Robinhoods" a $3 arrow?!?!?! When I do 3D shoots our group agrees at the start of the round that whoever has the best score shoots last at the next station. Just make sure you get the correct spine for your bow poundage and correct length and have a great time! $3 or $4 bucks at Wally-World all day long for me! I buy two dozen a year wheather I need them or not. I have yet to have a bad arrow from Walmart. It's all about choices!