HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - gotta be an easier way to clean inlines
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 09:45 AM
bronko22000
Boone & Crockett

NC that post wasn't directed at you but at Pioneer. I was just agreeing with you on ML is not for everyone. I don't use the hot water method anymore myself nor do I use bore butter anymore. For my lone inline I use T-17 and Montana Xtreme Cowboy Blend and for all my sidelocks I buy Cabela's Citrus BP solvent by the gallon.
I just plug the touch hole or nipple with a round toothpick, pour about 2 oz down the bore and slosh it around by tipping the barrel back and forth and then let it set for 10 mins. Dump it out and remove touch hole/nipple swab the bore until I get a clean patch, run an alcohol patch down and dry patch followed by one or two Cowboy Blend patches. (usually the first CB patch picks up some more residue).
That being said however, a good hot soapy water bath followed by a hot water rinse, drying and oiling is guaranteed to remove all BP residue. Ain't no where for it to hide. For those that are no thorough with just using solvent and patches, they can easily not remove all powder residue from all the nooks and crannys which can lead to corrosion.

Last edited by bronko22000; 07-01-2012 at 09:48 AM.