HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Monarch 4-16x42
Thread: Monarch 4-16x42
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 07:07 AM
fritz1
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mojotex
Well .. I'd better get ready to take a beating ... but! I have had three Monarch scopes along the way and simply stated, I was not impressed for the MSRP. I got rid of mine as soon as I had a buyer. In that price range, I much prefer the Conquest.
I agree, I have never had any luck out of ANY Nikon's, binocs or scopes. Great optics but dont seem to hold up, I have had a Monarch that litteraly started falling apart from riding arround on a fourwheeler. For the money Leupold is hard to beat, very rugged and reliable. Another scope that I am really impressed with is the Bushnell Elite 4200 and 6500 scopes.

One look in a Natchez catalog will let you know how good a Nikon is, they have pages of refurbished Nikon's, any model you want. These are scopes that have been sent back because of failure and needed warrantee work, Nikon fixes them and resales them a little cheaper but only offers something like a 90 day warantee. They actually sell the same scope twice, when it comes back for repaires. If it comes back a third time and it is a refurbish and it has been over 90 days you pay the repair bill. Pretty good scam if you ask me.

Last edited by fritz1; 06-28-2012 at 09:37 AM.