HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My New Puppy!
Thread: My New Puppy!
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 06:49 PM
Mickey Finn
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ultrakd
I was finally able to convince my family to let me get another dog, since our other is just a family dog.I found her at the SPCA, she had only been there a week. She is a 3month old, 25lb bulldog mix (according to the SPCA). She is gonna be my catch dog for hunting hogs. Im so excited and I cant wait to get training her.

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips for training her, I would greatly appreciate the help? Right now Im working on verbal commands with her right now. But I want to use a whistle with her also for when we are out hunting.

Anyways, Ill shut up and show you my pup. Introducing Xena!
Nice looking pup. I don't know anything about hogs. But, for the whistle. Choose the signal's you want to use for which command. Then as your pup learns the verbal commands. Just overlay the whistle when you give the verbal command. For come, you can ad a long rope to help coax her back to you. After a little while, the pup should respond to the whistle alone. But, each command has to be distinct. Otherwise, the pup may come to you, no matter what command your trying to give. As with everything, be patient and have fun.