HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bow setup and gear, what am I missing
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 10:33 AM
A.D.D. BOY
Nontypical Buck

Default Bow setup and gear, what am I missing

Been a while since iv been on here, havnt been able to hunt much these past 4 years especially for deer because of the army. Im currently deployed right now and planning on doing a lot of bow hunting when I get back from afghanistan. Using a rifle would just not be fair nor fun for me because of my job.

Bowtech has a bad ass deal for military so if you are military and in the market for a new bow check them out. I ended up getting the Diamond Deadeye, it came with a rest, sight, quiver, stabilizer, wrist sling, braided hoist line, release, and 4 arrows. All for $550, pretty good deal if you ask me. For gear I bought Redhead cws parka and bibs, and redhead bone dry boots. All pretty good prices off of basspro's sight. I got rage 3 blade broadheads and a pack rack, primos bleat can and grunt tube. For tree stand I got the Summit Viper SD. Basically all I need now is a target and some more arrows. Trying now to decide between a block/bag target or a deer target. If you guys can give me some good suggestions on arrows and what you think would be the best for target I appreciate it. And if anyone knows a good cheap range finder that compensates for angle and gives true distance that would be good to. Cant wait to get home and set my bow up and start shooting. Bow season in NC will start around september I think and thats when ill be out of this **** hole country. Thanks for any advice.