HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What to do if shot deer goes on posted land?
Old 10-23-2003, 08:24 AM
davidmil
Dominant Buck

Default RE: What to do if shot deer goes on posted land?

I think it' s against the law in most states to go on private ground without consent. In Maryland it doesn' t even have to be posted. In Maryland the chances of gaining consent are near zero as a lot of the land is tree hugger owned. That said, I usually go ahead and sneak and peak. I usually leave my weapon behind. If I know who owns it I' ll try to gain permission. In many states, the guy doesn' t have to let you go on his land even if the Game Warden is standing there pleading with the guy. So, if you go you have to be willing to pay the consequences if you trespass. I retrieved one deer 30 yards from a tree huggers tennis court and they never knew I was there. I just don' t like the idea of leaving one dead in the woods. I can' t agree with those who want to bust the guy in the eye. There is NO deer worth a physical confrontation with anyone, besides the fact you' ll be arrested and probably loose all your hunting privileges. If you' re caught trespassing and the guy suggest you leave.... say " thank you, I' m sorry" and exit with assurances it won' t happen again.