HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Builder459's girl needs some help
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 08:22 AM
pluckit
Nontypical Buck

I am relatively new to this forum in comparison to a lot of others who visit this site. Being so I never got a chance to know builder459. I am sorry for your loss and I'm sorry I never got the chance to chat with him. I hope you don't mind but I would like to suggest that you keep all of his muzzle loaders, or at least pass them on to his son. I hope I'm not mistaken in the fact that you mentioned he has a son. If you do or do not decide to keep them I don't think I would be wrong in saying that all of us here would love to have you as a member in the forum. And if you were to keep them we would be more than happy for you to share all of your experiences with them. From range trips to maybe even hunting successes in the future. I'm sure they were as special to him as mine are to me. I have already discussed with my wife what should happen to my muzzle loaders if something should happen to me. Unfortunately my wife has never shown any interest in shooting anything. And neither has my only child, my daughter. But I have instructed my wife to pass my firearms on to my daughter in hopes that one day she will have a child that one day will acquire an interest in them and learn to shoot them. I feel that all of my guns are like a part of me and in passing them on I am passing on a part of myself. Hopefully one day my grand child will shoot one or all of my guns and think "Gee my grandfather use to shoot these guns, how neat." When I was just a child there was a pump action .22 caliber rifle and a single shot .410 shotgun in my mothers closet that had belonged to my father. I couldn't wait until I was old enough to be allowed to take them out and shoot them. And when I did it was the beginning of a long love affair with hunting and shooting. I apologize for rambling on and of course these are just my opinions which I hope are not out of line and I wish you well with whatever you decide.