HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 270 too small?
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 06:21 PM
Colorado Luckydog
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Blackelk
So your stalking around the edges of the marsh and Behold!!!! A giant of a moose steps in between two thickets of brush. You have less than five seconds to throw that firearm up get on target to take your moose down. Oh no you didn't own the rifle long enough to familiarize yourself with it. You now have a tang safety and you threw your gun up and begin to test the tensile strength of the trigger. As you look down to see what in the world is wrong with this non firing rifle your moose moves on to another happy hunter a few hundred yards down the path. Could cost you the hunt of a lifetime bringing something you know a little about instead of bringing a rifle that fits like a glove in your hand. There's a few more points I could stress on but I think most get the idea. I watch this year after year with elk hunters I'm sure it happens in the moose world too.

You are sitting at home so excited to go on your moose hunt. You start watching moose hunting videos on TV. Watching moose hunting videos on TV you start to believe these guys are expert moose hunters. Expert moose hunters on TV tell you that you need a new ultra mag rifle for moose. You buy a new ultra mag rifle for your moose hunt. Your gun kicks so hard you develop a life long squinty eyed look. DON'T DEVELOP A LIFE LONG SQUINTY EYED LOOK.....
This chit just gets funnier and funnier. WOW! Just WOW!! LMFAO!!!