HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A noticed trend
Thread: A noticed trend
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Bocajnala
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by fritz1
You are right about that.

Ridge to answer your question. I have never shot a deer at what you call long range. This buck was the longest shot I have ever taken on a deer.

I spotted it at about 600 yards but slowly worked my way to about 250 yards before I took the shot, this to me is a long big game shot. I know I could have hit when I first spoted it, I have shot coyotes out at that distance so I know I was capable, but I guess I find it more exhilerating to stalk a animal and to get as close as possible with out alerting him to my presence. I can also see where a long shot probably gives you the same thrill. I will erase my post were I made some derogatory and unessesary comments.

That^^^ We're all into hunting for different reasons. Usually different reasons at different stages of our life, and even different stages of the season. I love archery hunting, but when rifle season comes in I always make sure I still have a tag or two left. And next season I'm gonna have to save another tag for muzzleloader. There's always going to be a "better" way to do something. But that's not why I'm out there. I'm out there to enjoy the woods and the different styles of hunting.

That's a great buck you got also.
-Jake