HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Big Woods
Thread: Big Woods
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 05:03 AM
NEW61375
Nontypical Buck

That WMA used to be all hunt club land and there still is a patch of private property right in the center of it. The only difference now is the clubs don't have to pay a lease on it and instead of one club hunting it all the clubs hunt it.

That being said, it is still some good land and luckily most clubs don't go to far from the truck or the walk-in paths. I have bow hunted it a few times and gun hunted late season, saw a few does and lots of turkey. Best bet for any hunting out there is during the week or if it's crappy weather.

Also, and this probably goes without saying but I'll post it anyway...be extremely wary of the property lines. I found more than one area that looked promising but was located near a property line. Normally I wouldn't think much of it as long as I was on the right side of the line but these lines were posted with some "strongly worded" posted signs that led me to believe there may have been some issues in the past. I ended up hunting a bit farther away from that area to avoid any potential problem. I hunt with my 9 year old a lot and I'm not trying to get in a pissin match with anybody in the middle of the woods in Sussex.

Last edited by NEW61375; 05-01-2012 at 09:57 AM.