HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A noticed trend
Thread: A noticed trend
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 01:47 PM
fritz1
Nontypical Buck

I personaly take pride in my hunting ability. I have never had to make a shot over 250 yards on a big game animal. I shoot alot of long range and have long range guns but I do it on the range and on the prairie dog fields. There are too many variables when it comes to shooting at extended ranges, bullet drop is a constant but wind drift isnt. If you have ever hunted in the mountains you know what I am talking about. You get thermals and cross winds which you cant see or feel because it might be calm where you are at and even calm were the animals at but there is alot that can be happening in the 600-700 yards between the two of you. I have more respect for the sport and the animal to risk wounding it just to brag what a shot I made. It doesnt take a hunter to shoot a animal at 500+ yards, it takes a marksmen. I guess archery and muzzleloader hunting would be totally out of the question for some of the guys on here. People should work more on developeing better hunting skills than to rely on there weapons capabilty. Money will buy you the equipment but cant buy the nessasary skills to be a effective hunter.

Last edited by fritz1; 04-26-2012 at 03:53 PM.