HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Top 5 best & worst rifle scopes
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 01:00 PM
GTOHunter
Nontypical Buck

I have a BSA on my .270 WSM and it does its best during daylight hour shooting,I tried it in the early mornings/late evenings and it was very poor and hazy in my opinion...it was on the gun and I pan on replacing it one day.

Years ago I used the Tasco,Redfields and Bushnell Scopes,and as mentioned they weren't the best quality scopes out there.I have been using a old Bushnell Sportsview 3X9X40mm scope on my Remington model 742 30-06 and it has done a good job over the years.

All my new Rifles sport the Leupold Rifleman 3X9X40mm matte black scope using Millet rings...I love the quality of the scope,it is nice and clear in the low-light conditions of the early mornings and late evenings...and I can afford it!

So far they have cost around $225.00 but I have caught them on sale for around $169.99 to $189.00 and even got a few free scope coats at a $24.95 value.

I have the Rifleman Scope on my CZ-USA .204 Rifle,my Browning A-Bolt Hunter .243 bolt-action Rifle and my Savage Model 11 GCNS wood stock,bolt-action 7mm-08.

I'd love to buy one of the higher-end Scopes out there on the Market but I can't justify spending more money on a scope than the Gun/Rifle itself....but thats just me!