HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Crazy second day of season!
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 08:37 AM
Buckhunter46755
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TurkeySlayer75
Wow, I didn't know it was that bad in some areas! I have already said that if we cross paths again it will not be the same outcome as before. Like you I love animals but anything feral ex. feral hogs can cause long problems and should be delt with!
Yes, some places can get bad. They just kept breeding. While growing up we lived next door to an amish family and they had several "barn" cats. Well the family moved away and left some or all of the cats behind. Another neighboring property had an old, dillapidated barn with old hay/straw, etc. so some of the cats decided to make a home there. Needless to say, they kept breeding & within a few years there where 30+ cats that we knew of, living on, or around the two properties. There were feral cats out there for years & years. They were wild as heck too. Couldn't get within 20 yards of them. They eventually tore the barn down and the cats eventually dispersed or died off. But like I was saying, there where cats out there for at least 10-15 years, all offspring from a few of the original amish's barn cats.