HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question-What line should one use......
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 08:05 AM
Korak
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by buckhunter14
Only one answer for that situation, 100% Fluorocarbon. It isn't cheap, but it is well worth them money. I woulf advise to even spend a little more than the bottom dollar stuff, as some of the fluorocarbon has some incredible capabilites.

Fluorocarbon is rated as "100%" invisible and in my experience has greatly helped with clear water / line shy fish. Another reason fluorocarbon is so versatile is, althought more springy / stiff than mono, it is very abrassive resistant.
Thanks for the advice so far so good as the saying goes I've settled(for now) on 8 lb vicious fluorocarbon and it seems to have helped,no check that it has helped and I'm not losing baits and hooks at an alarming rate(lol) and the fish seem oblivious to it oblivious that is until the hook set.I was worried about the castability of it at first but it's not bad in fact I think it's made me more accurate(probably all in my mind) and as far as cost it's right there with the braid that I buy for a "special" lake I fish here in Mo. with some really heavy cover,again thanks for the advice.