HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Quantico 2012 Deer Season IMPORTANT MUST READ
Old 04-09-2012, 08:49 AM
Alex G.
Fork Horn

Default opinion

Originally Posted by Camo Mike
So should military be allowed to hunt public land? Does civilian tax money go toward bases? Oceana had the USDA come in and slaughter the deer and bury them on sight...
Its just simply my opinion Mike and its strictly up to the base CO who he or she allows on base to partake in these activities. And yes, Active Duty and retired members should also be allowed on public land. I agree that civilian taxes go towards bases, but then why arent civilian's allowed commissary or px/exchange priveledges? Same arguement, just different issues wouldnt you say? Oceana's USDA/VDGIF employee kills over 200 deer a year HIMSELF... and they still have a large deer population. Controlling and erradicating are 2 different items.

People that volunteer to serve and retire honorably should expect certain "priveledges". Hunting/fishing onbase without civilian interaction should be one of them. But that is just my opinion. Does the tax paying citizen deploy overseas away from their family for 6 -12 months at a time? There is many more acres of public land to hunt than military land.

And your correct eyedr. Quantico DOES do it right.