HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question-What line should one use......
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 04:30 AM
buckhunter14
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Korak
when fishing a clear(as in crystal)river with a predominantly(sp)rocky bottom?The reason I ask is I'm having a problem with line breakage due to the rocks.I have tried some of the braids and mono but the problem remains,I should point out that it is(for lack of a better term)finesse fishing with predominantly crawfish style baits(cause it's what they eat A LOT)on the bottom and some fairly heavy cover i.e. log jams and root wads so really heavy line is not an option because they WILL see it,I know cause I've tried and seen fish swim up to the bait and turn away.Suggestions?

Only one answer for that situation, 100% Fluorocarbon. It isn't cheap, but it is well worth them money. I woulf advise to even spend a little more than the bottom dollar stuff, as some of the fluorocarbon has some incredible capabilites.

Fluorocarbon is rated as "100%" invisible and in my experience has greatly helped with clear water / line shy fish. Another reason fluorocarbon is so versatile is, althought more springy / stiff than mono, it is very abrassive resistant.