HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help!
Thread: Help!
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 05:11 PM
JNTURK
Nontypical Buck

Friday I had about 4 hours to kill and decided to start from scratch and take what someone suggested I take into consideration. I was ready to take the bow to the shop, but instead decided to just fiddle with it some more.

After failing to paper and bareshaft tune I decided to just attemp to walk back tune and go from there. I got a decent straight line out to 40 with my FP and decided to see what the BH would do at 20. Suppringsly it was actually much closer than what I was getting before. When I tried to make adjustments to the rest (we are talking 1/64 or 1/32) I was getting no real results and they both moved together keeping the same gap between the POI. At this time I decided to see if my grip on the bow was the hole reason for this issue (it was suggested that I was torqueing the bow even though I had really good groups when I set my rest to FP or BH). I usually have a more open type grip leaving my fingers off the front of the bow and changed to a more aggressive type grip bringing my fingers around and holding the bow. Mind you I never really felt the bow jump in my hand with an open grip so I figured this would have little to no results.

At 20 yards my BH and FP hit almost the same spot. I was blown away, I never figured holding the bow tighter would give me this result. I tinkered with it the rest of the day and this morning for another hour or so and this was the result.

This was not a true robin as the group was about 1" to the left of what I was aiming at, but the two arrows could not have been more exact in placement. I was happy to see it, but sad in that it was a $10 mistake!

BH and FP are grouping nice out to 30 (all I can shoot at my house) and when I shoot some this weekend I am hoping for good results out past that.

Thanks for everyone input, great learning curve for as I really never thought my grip needed to be more aggresive on the bow to get the results I wanted.