HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whats up w/NY dmu permits?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2003, 11:59 PM
nyorange
Fork Horn

Default RE: Whats up w/NY dmu permits?

They messed up last year with me but it turned out alright. Applied by mail as a landowner and after 4 weeks they told me they lost the application. So I went down to the shop and purchased one and got one DMP with my license. Then about three weeks later I get my original license application back along with a second license. Lo and behold, also included are 2 more DMP permits.So two licenses and three DMPs all for the same guy, same address. Well, I sent back the second license minus the DMPs, they credited my CC for the second set of licenses and all was well with the world. I think the computer recalculates the number of doe permits it gives out after the flurry of buying is over and if the quota wasn' t met it starts printing out more and they mail them to whoever applied until the quota is met. Thats why when my 2nd license was processed later it gave me more DMP' s. It maybe that the time you buy your license may have a real effect on the DMP' s handed out with the new system because it was designed to give them out on a percentage basis instantaneously, according to the rating of the licensees which may not coincide with the overall quota and rating of the WMU. Sort of like flipping coins and everyone who has it land on heads is denied a DMP. Afterwards the computer realizes that 50% of the people in that region should have got permits but only 25% actually did simply due to bad luck and having their coins land on heads. So then it starts spitting out DMP' s to compensate and bring the WMU back up to 50%.