HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shipping accessories to Canada (Heads Up)!
Old 04-01-2012, 03:38 PM
palermo
Spike

My wife and I almost got arrested last fall coming back from a S Dakota pheasant hunt by US customs for "trying to export" legally purchased shotgun shells.First I'Ve heard of being checked while LEAVING the country.I think That is taking it too far.Apparently I can purchase,use,possess but cannot export ammo OUT OF the US.Canada customs says I can bring INTO Canada 5000 rds.
A visiting Americam hunter can bring into Canada Guns AND ammo no problem,no 5 months in advance paperwork,just declare them at our border purchase an export permit right then and there.
A candaian has to fill out a form 6 months in advance to bring a hunting gun INTO the US.Plus I would be able to bring ammo IN to the US with my gun but whatever I don't use stays in the states,no export.
I've been hunting in America for 30 yrs before 911.
Beleive me things have changed bigtime.
I attribute the actions of our Canadian customs to ignorance and stupidity,however your official stance against visiting sportsman is just being mean.