HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 3 "Fan-glorious Few"
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 06:24 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Opening day in TN - 3/31/12 - I passed on a 9 inch or so bearded hen I called in at 7:02 AM Did shoot her so to speak - I took a Picture as she was less than 7 yards from me - Later that day at 10 AM I passed on 7 jakes I called in.... Was a good day. Roosted a good bird that night.
Second day - FOGGYYYYY!!!!!! It sucked.....and the temp dropped. Very few morning gobbles. That bunch of Jakes were busy making noise but not he bird I new was there.
6:50 AM Gobble behind and I bet it was because of my decoy.......7:01 AM 2 hens walked right though my decoys the dang bird is still behind me.
7:15 AM 7 Jakes make an appearance and I had the gun up - one strutted - in my scope I could see 5 red heads......man with one shot....more than a dang limit.....but I just messed with their heads and they walked out in front and stopped at 50 to 60 or so......I made them gobble numerous times.....still foggy and they are had to see. I then see another bird - figured it was just one of the jakes - it was not! He had a nice dangly beard......couple of clucks - one soft yelp and he saw my other Jake decoy and he he comes - head out - slow walk never taking his sight off that decoy......I let him get to 30 yards and then he turns sideways - and the shot is over at 7:22 AM.
21 lb 12 oz., spurs R 3/4 L 3/4 Beard 10 - 15/16 pics to follow when I get homee in a few days.

Your score is 21.75 + 7.5 + 7.5 + 21.875 = 58.625

JW

Last edited by JW; 04-01-2012 at 07:44 AM.