HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fall Plans?
Thread: Fall Plans?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 11:09 PM
AK Jeff
Fork Horn

[quote=North Wind;3919968]What a terrible quandry you got there Jeff. Not enough time to get all your hunts in! lol quote]

Make no mistake North Wind, I'm spoiled and I know it. I have awesome connections, but I put a ton of effort into hunting too.

My Montana deer and elk general licenses came in the mail yesterday. The goal there is to get a nice mulie with my great-grandfather's 30-06 Ackley Improved. If the luck of the draw is on my side I'll hit the hills with my father-in-law and his mule string and chase elk. He's pretty much guaranteed an elk permit with his points and landowner preference, so if he hasn't gotten one by the time I get there I'll at least tag along. It's pretty tough to beat riding up a mountain on a good mule and watching wapiti at day break, even if you aren't the one doing the shooting.

My Kodiak hunting partners and I have our gear list broken down and with our weight capacity we'll be able to bring back at least one mountain goat and one Sitka blacktail each. If we can skim some of the gear weight down we can possibly bring back more deer because the limit is 3 each.

Who else has their fall plans at least preliminarily mapped out? Let's hear it.