HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shot pattern.
Thread: Shot pattern.
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 04:53 AM
Simp
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Adrian J Hare
Thats only because the shell contains a high amount of Sugar shot. The are the only company that loaded with the highest of #7 or less shot allow for the dencity in patterns on target. Since then companies have now came out with a All #7 turkey loads that are not far behind. Are they worth the $10.00 a shot ? Not one bit unless you want to blow the wind about the patterns you may get to other turkey hunters. It was the best marketing ploy out there in the Ammo world and Nitro did very well at it, but over all the dencity maybe not as good on paper with other ammo brands but the dencity of the patterns for killing birds are far from being no good in the field.

I don't mean to jump on your glory at all here I just don't like to see turkey hunters on these forums get mislead by high numbers.

Now only to let you know, I'm not blowing smoke here, I have the pictures that I would freely post up to back my comments in this reply as I have done all this testing spent hundreds of dollars in chokes and ammo and have tested the Nirto train too and have since walked away from it and settled with Hevi 13 #6 as my go too loads. At $5.00 a shot its far better for me to save and always walk out and pickup my gobblers....
Sugarshot or butterbeans, it doesn't matter as long as it goes through the turkeys head. It really isn't an issue on whether they perform or not. They do. If they didn't I'd have a few less birds than I do.