HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pitbulls for Upland Birds?
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 02:51 PM
TheRedYote
Spike

Originally Posted by Doc E
Red Yote

Exactly what was it that Pit Bulls were bred for ?

Please read my signature line.

To fight, my pint was that some pits are fighting dogs, but others are pet surrenders, bred as pets.

They were not bred to "bite" nescessarily as you pu it, but rather to fight, which does involve biting. But pits are bred as good FIGHTERS, not got biters. Any dog can bite.

I was not saying using a pit for field is a good choice, a setter or a lab is going to be much more effective, but you guys were being so harsh on the person!
I know how this feels too. I had a backyard bred four year old golden I wanted to hunt upland birds with. Around here you dont see goldens hunting uplands in the first place, and everyone said because of her breeding and age I wouldn't be able to train her. She turned out to be one of the best gundogs you'll eer see.

And as for your signature, I suggest buzzing off. I am by no means ignorant. Did you eer hear of something called a friendly debate? I am not about to entirely reject your opinion, even though I do not agree. Getting mean and getting defensive is childish and will get you no where.