HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sunday Hunting is DE
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 07:08 AM
djdkman
Fork Horn

Wink Sunday Hunting is DE

What is you opinion? I just read the thread about Sun hunting in PA...alot of good arguments..for/against...

MPO: Delaware supposedly has a deer pop issue, hence the gun days in Oct for skin heads..ect....so why wouldnt it make sense to open up another off day for the working man?

Added to this thought is the postion of the anti or non hunting public....my postion on thier opinion is simple: If you want your say, pay for it. Let me explain...the PR act taxes most but not all of items bought for hunting and fishing, those tax dollars are funneled back to the states for investment in wildlife programs...which in turn support the very lands the non hunters...bird watchers...hikers and horse back riderss enjoy...ON THE TAX DOLLARS of SPORTSMAN...the sales of hunting and fishing lic and the stamps required for trout and mig birds!

Many years ago, this issue was brought up to legalize bow hunting on private land on Sunday...It met huge opposition for horse riding clubs through out the state...in short it became a battle of letters to the editor of the DE state news...my final letter in respone was a simple fix in my mind. The state of DE should create a non-sporting use stamp/permit whatever you want to call it. Back then I called it a horse stamp due to that group making the biggest argument...but the bottom line is this...if the ones that oppose sunday hunting want a voice..I believe they should invest in the very thing they are arguing to protect for themsleves. VA is currently going this driection and I am all for it...

Now, dont get me wrong...I have NO more rights to public land for hunting than a non hunter...I feel the public lands of DE do indeed belong to all...my postion is frankly that the ALL need to be shouldered with the finacual aspect of the land upkeep..the wildlife programs to ensure the future of the wildlife in DE and this burden once shared...would then equalize the argument..because then, ALL of the different users of DE public land would have an equal share of supporting it.

So Delaware...fire your laptops up...let me hear your postion.

thanks..