HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The Q2 has paid for it' s self
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2003, 09:26 AM
douglasm

Default The Q2 has paid for it' s self

Last Friday night was wonderful here in the Ozarks. I' d had a rotten day at work,was late getting off of work and my wife was late getting home so I was late getting to my stand. I climbed in at about 5:00. About 20 minutes later a group of turkeys started working around behind me. Then they spooked, ran off a ways and started scratching around again.Then they spooked , ran , scratched.This kept up for over an hour and I was getting a little frayed around the edges.Then about 6:40 I pulled out the bleat can turned it over a few times, waited about 30 seconds and hit the grunt tube.I hadn' t gotten the second grunt out when something came charging up out of the draw.All I really saw at this point was two tines and a BIG body. I came to full draw as passed behind a couple oak trees. He stepped out into my shooting lane at 13 yards and I launched my ICS Muzzy missle into his right shoulder. He ran directly towards my tree, turnded south and went 30 yards before falling over. I said " he' s better than I thought" as he ran by. I could only contain myself for about 15 minutes after the shot and since he hadn' t moved, I got down. When I got to him I couldn' t believe it. He was a solid 20" wide on the outside, nothing but nubbs for brows , but 9" and 10" G2' s and G3' s. He' s also got a small G4 on the left side.Then I looked at his body and was pleased again.He' d easily dress out at 200#.The only downside was getting him the 200 yards to the house.130 yards of which is up a steep hill. The only help I had was my 11 year old son Ryan.We did it though.My younger son is 3 1/2 and he went with us and as he told his mom that night as she put him to bed " It was a great night in the woods , Mom . A really great night."