HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone hunt hogs at Bostick Plantation in Estill, SC?
Old 02-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Targetsman
Spike

I am taking the time this evening to register and post hoping my time will save even one person from wasting their money - as I did - at this under-managed, over-hunted, once-was excuse of an outfitter. My group was 5 of the 16 over this past weekend hunting hogs. 16 of us didn't see or take a single hog the whole weekend. The story from the guides is this place has lost their leases on the property and they have been running as many hunters through the stands as possible before the lease ends this month. No feed in any of the feeders. Stands are primarily along dirt roads with narrow shooting lanes to either side. Guides do nothing more than pick up and drop off at a stand. "Guide" is a misnomer - they could barely guide the rat-trap broken down rust bucket of a Toyota out to the fields. Guides rotated all 16 through the same worn out stands. Would only let us see a fraction of the "plantation" - perhaps they have already lost the land rights to the rest. Never saw the owner once after he stole our money at check in. Guides couldn't remember the last time a hog was taken. Repeated questioning of the guides gave increasingly vague answers. Spending the money and not seeing or getting a hog isn't the problem - it's the experience and the obvious scam this clown is running. I will use an outfitter again and will redouble my homework before booking the next trip.