HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 30 Remington AR Results?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 10:04 AM
Valentine
Nontypical Buck

Default Say what?????? You kidding my old brain.

"The .30 Remington cartridge was created in 1906 by Remington Arms. It was Remington's rimless answer to the popular .30-30 Winchester cartridge. Factory ammunition was produced up until the late 1980s, but now it is a prospect for handloaders. Load data for the .30-30 Winchester can be used safely for the .30 Remington."

"The .32 Remington cartridge dates to 1906 and its introduction by Remington in the Remington Model 8 rifle. Other rifles chambered for the .32 Remington include the Remington Model 81, Remington Model 14 slide-action, Remington Model 30 bolt action, Stevens Model 425 lever-action, and Standard Arms Company rifles. Due to their similar dimensions, the .25 Remington, .30 Remington, and .32 Remington together were known as the Remington Rimless cartridge series.[2] Firearm manufacturers generally offered all three of these cartridges as chamberings in a rifle model rather than just one of the series."

"This cartridge was chambered in the Remington Model 141 also. The 35 Remington was also a part of the old Remington rimless lineup. This cartridge is a ballistic twin of the 32 Winchester Special."

(I knew a hunter who used a .32 Remington forty years ago.)

I believe the .30 Remington will still work on deer; even for newbies.