HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - DEER VANISHED!!! Plenty of sign- no deer
Old 10-20-2003, 09:49 PM
hoytusa10

Default DEER VANISHED!!! Plenty of sign- no deer

Man I can' t believe it!!! Please criticize me, scold me, reassure me, wutever... I shot a big buck on saturday night. At bout 6:55 2 b exact...So i decide to let him sit over nite. I go back on sun. morning w/ my dad n pick up the trail. We find some good sign. Like a good pool of blood about a foot in diameter. We continue to find more blood n follow the trail for another 100 yds. or so...This time we find a spot where he bedded down. Blood all over the place... and bright red blood to be exact. So we continue to follow it for another 150 yds. and we find another pool where he wuz bedding down. again blood all over the place. we find out that he' s looping around... and after that third pool-no blood at all!! no deer to be found. We went back w/ 5 of us and we combed and did grid after grid after grid. even four property' s down. i just can' t figure this out?? and even everyone that wuz there said thats an awful lot of blood for this deer to be running around like that!! Please help me to figure this out!! again please criticize, scold, and or reassure me plaese!! Thanks a bunch!!