HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best deer attractant year round?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 02:20 PM
pluckit
Nontypical Buck

Get yourself some DEER CANE. I like the kind that comes in a block. Then get yourself a bag of Solar Salt Pellets. The kind you put in a water softener. Put the Deer Cane block close to a well traveled, yet somewhat secluded, deer route and spread the solar salt all around the DEER CANE block. Deer will tear the DEER CANE up in the spring when the fawns are developing in the does womb and the bucks will tear it up for the minerals to grow their antlers. And deer love the salt all year round. They will actually eat the salt pellets. Just give the DEER CANE block some time to start to dissolve in the rain and leach into the ground and the deer will start eating the soil. If you want it to work a little quicker you might use the powder and then switch to the block later. The block lasts longer. Here is an old video of a lick I used to have set up. This link will lead you to my You Tube page where you can check out all the salt and mineral lick videos I got with a trail camera using those two ingredients for an attractant, if you want to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSOL_...eature=channel
Good Luck! I think you will like it.

Last edited by pluckit; 02-22-2012 at 02:42 PM.