HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bear Outfitter Recommendation Request
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Mickey Finn
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by spruceswamp
Hi guys. I’m just starting the nerve racking process of trying to find a guided black bear hunt. Anybody that has ever searched for an outfitted hunt knows how worrisome this process can be. I’ve been on a few guided hunts but never for bear. I’ve heard of and read many horror stories of terrible hunts and bad outfitters and I want to do anything and everything I can to avoid a bad experience.

I’m interested in Minnesota, Ontario, or Manitoba. I’m sure there are pluses and minuses for each area and would be interested in learning more about what those would be. I’m looking for a fall 2012 hunt with a very reputable, first class operation. I don’t need a record book bear, but would like to hunt somewhere that would give me a good opportunity at a mature 300+ pound animal. Any first hand experience recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Hi Spruceswamp. I'm usually a do-it yourself bear hunter. But, with time constraints this year, I'm going with this Ontario outfitter. http://ultimatebearhunts.ca/ I actually met the guy who operates it caribou hunting in Quebec. I believe, from what I saw, he'll put on a good hunt. You could give him a call and see what you think.

ATB